PHP Classes

Guys you can mail me at veer.prashant@gmail.com regarding classes.

Published in: on March 17, 2011 at 7:23 AM  Leave a Comment  

M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.) – Examination Results 2009

     
 

For results of 2009 please click here

or

www.thebareilly.com

 
     

M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.) – Examination Scheme 2009

Examination Scheme – 2009

NOTE: Results are in PDF files, please make sure you have Adobe Reader installed on your system to view results.

If you find this site useful then, please leave a comment.

M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.) – Latest News/Current Events

Bareilly University Latest News/Current Events

M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.) – Results

     
 

For results of 2009 please click here

or

www.thebareilly.com

 
     

Improvement Results 2008

Other Results 2008

M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.)

M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.) was established in 1975 as an affiliating University. Its status was upgraded to affiliating cum residential University in 1985 when teaching departments were established in the campus. The University headquarter is located at Bareilly with its territorial jurisdiction extending over the districts of Bareilly, Moradabad, Rampur, Bijnor, Jyotibaphule Nagar, Badaun, Pilibhit, Shahjahanpur etc. The University campus spreads over 206 acre of land. More than 140 degree colleges are affiliated to the University.

From VICE CHANCELLOR (Professor
Satya P. Gautam
)

VICE CHANCELLOR M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.)As the 15th Vice-Chancellor of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University, I find this University in a fast growing and consolidating phase. It caters to the higher educational needs of around 3 lakh students through its 140 affiliated colleges spread over nine districts besides running professional under graduate courses and advanced and applied post graduate courses and research programs in the campus.

Basically a teaching and research University it has to strike a balance between the depth and breadth of knowledge by meaningfully coordinating its innovative interdisciplinary programs with extension into real life situations in regional and national economy, society and intelligentsia. Lab to land liaison is a must for its Animal Science and Plant Science researches as also of its Rural Management studies.

From the present overemphasis on employment and vocational opportunity oriented courses this University has to go a long way in making even its under graduate students to derive pleasure from learning for its own sake. Unless teachers and students don’t feel the thrill of being at the edge of a field while advancing the frontiers of knowledge the purpose of a University is not fulfilled. We should not forget that key to future advances lies in collaboration across disciplines and institution in India and abroad. It requires boldness in everything you do in the library, classroom, laboratories, theatre and athletics. Only then teachers and students bubbling with energy, curiosity and love of learning can achieve academic excellence. We have to shift the mindset from job seeking to job generation ability.

For achieving this we have to believe that learning is enhanced by participation in research, which should start right from first year students. You learn by job works assigned to you and more so if you are paid for them while you are learning. Teachers and students are to be a close knit community-the two sides of the same coin, learning. They have to facilitate and challenge each other’s thinking, doing and behaving in a relational and sharing environment. Academic feudalism has to go and a vibrant democracy of learning has to be ushered in.

Each one of the University family owes a duty to put the house of learning in order by his own hands and by the strategies and structures thought about and launched within our limited resources. Concerted thinking and concerted sincere efforts constituted the surest answer to any problem, administrative or academic. Don’t forget that student population is our greatest resource the better a University shapes it through its exciting academic programs the better it contributes.

Pilibhit – Places of Interest

1. Old Pilibhit (Hindi: पुराना पीलीभीत)

The present town is of comaparatively recent origin but there is still a village known as ‘Old Pilibhit’ standing on the left bank of the Khakra river about 5 km to the northeast near the road to Nyoria Husainpur. This village had always been occupied by the Banjara tribe of the Periya clan. It is supposed that Pilibhit is the corruption of Periya Bhit or the village mound of the Periyas and also that the name Pilibhit has been derived from a yellow mud wall which once surrounded the district

2. Zama Masjid (Hindi: जामा मस्जिद)

A painting of Pilibhit Jama Masjid in 1780 found in British Liberary

A painting of Pilibhit Jama Masjid in 1780 found in British Liberary[45]

Many big buildings were constructed in the Mughal period. In this continuation a replica of Jama Masjid Delhi was built here by Hafiz Rahmat Khan in 1769. The only difference between Jama Masjid Delhi and Jama Masjid Pilibhit is of area only. Previously there was a pond at this place. Three lakh rupees were spent for the construction of this Masjid at that time. A sun watch is still there in Jama Masjid. Hafiz Rahmat Khan was the Afghan Rohilla leader whose jagirs or estates included Pilibhit and Bareilly, where he is buried. He became the leader of the Rohilla Afghans in western Avadh, but was killed in a battle against the Nawab of Avadh, assisted by trhe English, in 1774. The gateway is built in Mughal style, paying homage to the gateways of the Jama Masjid in Delhi, while the wall around the mosque enclosure shows the curvilinear Bengali roof found in Shahjahan‘s additions to the Mughal palace at Agra.

3. Dargah of Shahji Miyan (Hindi: शाहजी मियां की दरगाह)

In the northern side of the city of Pilibhit a dargha of qutebe Pilibhit Hazrat Kibla Hazi Shah Ji Mohammad Sher Mian Sahib Rahmat Ullah Aleh is situated which is very famous and people travel from other states as well as countries to take the blessing of Hazrat Shah Ji Mian. It is also said that by offering a CHADAR at the dargah is fruitful to the people. The dargar has become place of social harmony as people of various religion come here to offer their faith.

4. Gauri Shankar Temple (Hindi: गौरी शंकर मन्दिर)

This temple is 450 years old. This is situated in Khahra loclaity at banks of the rivers Devha & Khahra. It is said that the fore fathers of present Pandit Har Prasad came to this place with other saints. There was a jungle at that time. He dreamt in the night that God Shiva is here, in the morning he saw the Idol of God Shiva. Gradually a temple was built. Every year a fair is organized here on the occasions of Shivratri, Raksha Bandhan and on every monday of Sharavan month. A dharamshala is situated at the outer side of the temple, which was donated by Dwarika Das Banjara. There are two big entry gates at the eastern and southern side of the temple. These gates were built by Hafiz Rahmat Khan in late 18th century.

5. Raja Venu Ka Tila (Hindi: राजा वेणु का टीला)

In the Puranpur tehsil of district Pilibhit, one KM away from railway station, there is one high place (Tila) is situated in Shahgarh area, It is said that there was a palace of Raja Venu at this place. Ruins are still there. A very big well and ruins tells the story of a Kingdom.

6. Jaisantri Devi Temple (Hindi: जयसंतरी देवी मन्दिर)

It is one of the sacred place of the district, placed near awas vikas colony locality of the city, which almost 5 KM away from railway station. Although the temple premises is not in good condition, but still its a place of faith of Thousands and lakhs Hindus of sarounding areas. The temple becomes very crowded in the Navratris, during this days a fair is organized, which attracts not only the people of the district but from the nearby district as well. It is believed that the temple was constructed some time in 1858, after the great Indian sepoy munity, in the memory of some sepoys, who died while fighting with the Britishes in the field near the temple itself.

Chuka Beach Pilibhit

Chuka Beach Pilibhit

7. Ardhanarishwer Temple (Hindi: अर्धनारीश्वर मन्दिर)

One of the newly constructed, well decorated temple, which is the center point of all Shiva devotees of the city, situated on station road, near Vishal Cinema. This temple become extremely crowded during Shrawan Month and on the day the Mahashivratri. The another attraction of this temple is the Kali Puja, organized on the Diwali night in an auspious Mahurat. Thousands of devotees take part togather in the puja.

8. Chuka Beach (Hindi: चूका घाट)

Chuka beach is situated between the main sharda canal and sharda sagar dam under the ‘Mahof forest renge’. This is one of ever-green forest area protected by government of India, which is one of five forest reserves in the district, namely Mala, Haripur, Barahi, Mahof and Deoriya. Dist administration has developed this place as a picnic spot in order to increase the tourism in the area.

Sunset at Chuka Beach near Pilibhit

Sunset at Chuka Beach near Pilibhit

9. Dramand Government Inter College (Hindi: ड्रमंड राजकीय इंटर कॉलेज परिसर)

This was established in 1915 by Mr. Drumand. Now this is a government college for boys from standard VI to XII. Apart from the fact that it’s a government inter college, this School premises, has one of the oldest building with the great architecture in the whole regeion and the trust which is taking care of the building, is one of the richest trust in that area.

10. Raja ji Temple (Hindi: राजा जी का मन्दिर)

Raja lalta Prasad and Sahau Har prasad , belonging to the raja family of Pilibhit worked together and attained lot of fame and prosperity. Their contribution in making the town of Pilibhit well known in the region was immense. Pilibhit is situated in the sub montane region of Himalayan Mountains , in the Rohilkhand division of Uttar Pradesh (previously known as The United Province of Agra and Oudh). Raja Lalta Prasad (1872-1924) along with his brother Sahu Har Prasad (1875-1953) apart from setting up businesses , such as The lalit hari sugar mills took interest in the development of the region and estabilished The Lalit Hari Sanskrit and Ayurvedic college , The Radha Ramanji temple , dharamshalas at religious centres in the shahukara locality of the city.

Gurudwara Sri Chattvi Padshahi

Gurudwara Sri Chattvi Padshahi

11. Chhathavi Padshahi Gurudwara (Hindi: छठवी पादशाही गुरुद्वारा)

There is one 400 years old famous gurudwara in the pakriya locality of the city. It is said that Guru Govind Singhji took rest here, on the way to NanakMatta. He establish a gurudwara here on the name of the 6th guru Sri Har Govind ji and named it as “Chattvi Padshahi Gurudwara“. In 1983, one of the famous social servant Sri Faoj Singh reconstrate this beautiful momument.

12. Gomat Taal (Hindi: गोमत ताल)

The Gomti river is one of the most sacred rivers of north India. It originates from a reservoir called Gomat taal, which is about 7 km east of Pilibhit, and flows into the River Ganges. It passes through Lucknow the capital of Uttar Pradesh and the latter part of its course through Barabanki, Sultanpur, Faizabad and Jaunpur districts. The length of the river is 800 km. According to legends in the Pilibhit locality, the river is considered to be the daughter of Sage Vashistha. During solar eclipse, devotees believe that taking a bath in the Gomat taal is equivalent to the bath taken in the river in Kurukshetra.

13. Devha-Ghaghra Sangum (Hindi: देवहा-घाघरा संगम)

The river Devha joins the river Ghaghra at a place named Bharmchari Ghat (Hindi: बहर्मचारी घाट), near to Aurvedic College in the Khakra locality of the city. Though, there is no proper roads to reach that place, but some bull carts are always available for transportation, one has to cross both of the rivers before reaching at the main ghat. Every year on the occasion of Karthik Purnima (Ganga snan), Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse a big fair is organized at sangum, devotees come to sangum and take bath organize prayers. People from various communities come to this Ghats, cook Dal-Bhat, and distributes among devotees after offering to the rivers.

Published in: on January 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM  Comments (13)  
Tags:

Pilibhit – How To Reach

BY TRAIN:
Main Three express trains comes here from Lucknow named as Lucknow-Agra express(5313), Nainital Express(5308) and Rohilkhand Express(5310) respectively. Two express trains from Agra comes named as Agra-Gonda express(GOKUL-5316) and Agra-Lucknow(5314) Express. From Delhi one has to reach first nearby district Bareilly or train then may reach Pilibhit by a bus or meter gauge train.

BY BUS:
Pilibhit is also very well connected to Bareilly by BUS at the frequency of ½ hr. Direct buses are also available from Delhi, Lucknow, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Kanpur, Rupaidhiya, Agra and Tanakpur etc

Published in: on January 10, 2008 at 11:37 AM  Leave a Comment  
Tags: ,

Bareilly History

The district of Bareilly lying between Lat.28 degree 1′ and Long. 78 degree 58’k and 79 degree 47’E was once the part of ancient Panchala, which was bound by the river Gomati in the east, Yamuna in the west, Chambal in the south and on the north it approaches the Himalayan foot hills. During the later Vedic period Panchala acquired considerable significance – in fact it became the matrix of Later Vedic Civilization. According to the Shatapatha Brahamana (XIII 5.4.7-8)the Brahmins who had settled in different parts of Panchala and were being patronised by its Kings were to be counted not by hundreds but by many thousands. At another place’ the same text records, “speech sounds higher among the Kuru-Panchalas” – the speech denoting the rectification of Vedic texts. The scholars of Panchala were famous throughout India. It was from Panchala region that the sage Yajnavalkya was invited in the kingdom of Mithila to enlighten king Janaka on various philosophical problems. In the development of Upanisadic philosophy Prayahana Jaivali, Pratardana, Gargayayana and Uddalaka of Panchala had made significant contributions. In fact it was in this region that during the later Vedic period the Indian life and thought had assumed the form which had followed ever since. There is a story in the Kathakasmhita which reports a debate between Vaka Dalbbhya from Panchala and Dhratarastra Vaichitravirya from Kuru. This contest between the two indicates that whereas the Panchalas had soon realised the futility of sacrifices and were engaged in philosophical discussions, their neighbour Kurus were continuing their faith in rituals and sacrifices. The love for reason in the region of Panchala did not confine to philosophy only. They were ploneers in the domain of Natural Science also.

Uddalaka Aruni of Panchala who could not presumably be later than the 8th or 7th B.C. took the step from the magicomythological view of the scriptures to a naturalistic understanding of nature. He postulated the original cause of the universe the primeval being (Sat), ignoring thereby the word Brahman (identified with spirit) – which was greatly in vogue in the general intellectual climate to which he belonged. He proceeded to sketch a view of the evolution or development of everything in nature ultimately from the primeval being or Sat with a dynamism or motion inherent in it. What strikes us as most remarkable about his procedure is that practically at every step of this sketch, he drew upon empirical data or facts of direct observation, already censored by the priest class.

From archaeological point of view the district of Bareilly is very rich. The extensive remains of Ahichhatra, the Capital town of Northern Panchala have been discovered near Ramnagar Village of Aonla Tehsil in the district. It was during the first excavations at Ahichhatra (1940-44) that the painted grey ware, associated with the advent of the Aryans in Ganga Yamuna Valley, was recognised for the first time in the earliest levels of the site. Nearly five thousand coins belonging to periods earlier than that of Guptas have been yielded from Ahichhatra. It has also been one of the richest sites in India from the point of view of the total yield of terrocotas. Some of the masterpieces of Indian terrocotta art are from Ahichhatra. In fact the classification made of the terracotta human figurines from Ahichhatra on grounds of style and to some extent stratigraphy became a model for determining the stratigraphy of subsequent excavations at other sites in the Ganga Valley. On the basis of the existing material, the archaeology of the region helps us to get an idea of the cultural sequence from the beginning of the 2nd millenium BC upto 11th C.A.D. Some ancient mounds in the district have also been discovered by the Deptt. of Ancient History and culture, Rohilkhand University, at Tihar-Khera (Fatehganj West), Pachaumi, Rahtuia, Kadarganj and Sainthal.

In the 6th Cent. BC, the Panchala was among one of the sixteen mehajanapadas of India. The experiment in non-monarchical form of Government in Panchala was soon engulfed in the growing Magadhen imperialism – first under the Nandas and then under the Mauryas.

The fall of the Mauryan empire saw the emergence of numerous small and independent states in the whole Ganga Valley. It saw a remarkable revival in the fortunes of Panchala which once again came to occupy a very significant position in the history of north India. Panchala emerges at this time as one of the strongest powers in India. About 25 kings who have ruled during this period have left behind thousands of coins. During the period between the fall of the Mauryas and the rise of the Guptas, the Panchalas had two phases of power – first the pre Kushana phase i.e. from C-150 BC to AD 125 and secondly a short period of fifty years after the fall of the Kushanas, which ended in CAD 350 when Panchala was assimilated in the Gupta empire by Samudragupta.

Under the Guptas Ahichhatra was one of the provinces into which the Gupta empire was divided. The material evidence during the Gupta period at Ahichhatra does not give the impression that it was a large and prosperous centre like the preceding phase. The monuments under the Guptas are mainly religious indicating that Ahichhatra had then become mainly a religious centre.

The amalgamation of several religious and popular beliefs may be observed through out the history of Panchala in ancient India. In addition to being associated with the activities of pravahana Jaivali, Gargayayana, Uddalaka etc. responsible for giving a distinctive touch to the later vedic thought, the region was also a prominent centre of popular beliefs such as the cult of Nagas, Yaksas and Vetalas. The Jain tirthamkara Parshvanath is said to have attained Kaivalya at Ahichhatra. The city was also influenced by Buddha and his followers. The remains of Buddhist monastries at Ahichhatra are quite extensive. The echoes of the Bhagavates and the Saivas at Ahichhatrra can still be seen in the towering monuments of a massive temples, which is the most imposing structure of the site.

After the fall of the Guptas in the latter half of the 6th century the district of Bareilly came under the domination of the Maukharis. Under the emperor Harsha ( 606-47 AD ) the district was the part of the Ahichhatra Bhukti. During Harsha’s reign the chinese pilgrim Hiuen Tsang also visited Ahichhatra about 635 AD.

After the death of Harsha this region falls under anarchy and confusion. In the second quarter of eighth century the district was included in the kingdom of Yashavarman (725-52 AD) of Kannauj and after him the Ayudha kings also Kannauj became the masters of the district for several decades. With the rise of the power of the Gurjara Pratiharas in the 9th century, Bareilly came under their sway. It continued under their subordination till the end of the tenth century.

Mahmud of Ghazni gave a death blow to the already decaying Gurjara Pretihara power. After the fall of the Gurjara Pretiharas Ahichhetra ceases to remain a flourishing cultural centre of the region. The seat of the royal power was shifttes from Ahichhatra to Vodamayuta or modern Badaun as the irrefutable evidence of Rashtrakuta Chief Lakhanpalas inscription would have as believe.

About the middle of the twelfth century the Katehriyas seem to have established themselves firmly in the Bareilly region with Kabar and Aonla as their chief centres. They appear to have started as vassals of the Rashtrakutas of Vodamayuta (Badaun) but on the latter’s downfall (1195 AD) they declared independence. The Katehriyas are to be noted for their conspicuous role in persistently resisting the onslaught of the Delhi rulers till as late as the time of Akbar. The origin and the rise of the Katehar Rajputs in the region is a mystery and a matter of controversy.

According to the tradition the foundation of the town of Bareilly may be dated some time in the first half of the sixteenth century. It is said that one Jagat Singh katehriya founded a village called Jagtpur about the year 1500. In 1537 his two sons Bas Deo and Barel Deo were responsible for founding Bareilly. The place was named after the two brothers as Bans Bareilly. The name Jagatpur is still retained by one of the mohallas of the old city. During the region of Akbar the Katehriyas rose in revolt but it was crushed by the Mughal general Almas Ali Khan. Bas Deo of Bareilly who was then ruling over a considerable extent of territory was killed and Bareilly was annexed in the Mughal empire. However the Mughal authority did not become effective here till the afghan nobles who were entrenched in these parts were overthrown.

The development of the city was accelerated in 1657. When the faujdar of Bareilly was Mukrand Rai. He is credited to have built the new city of Bareilly by clearing out the sal forest. The mohalla makrandpur sarkar was named after him and that of AlamgiriGanj after AurangZeb Alamgir. The Mohallas of Beharipur,Malookpur and Kazitola were also founded by him. He also built the Jama Masjid and a large fort were the Qila Police Station is situated.

The proprietary settlements of the district during the period between 1191 to 1701 is difficult to ascertain as most of them were uprooted by the Rohillas but prominent among those clans which were able to retain their power in the district were the Katehriya, Janghara and Chauhan. Some castes Kanrawas, Jatasths and Kodars also had proprietary rights in the district.

It was with the immigration of Daud Khan, an Afghan slave(who originally hails from Roh in Afghanistan) in the region that the Afghan Rohillas had come into prominence. His adopted son Ali Muhammad Khan succeeded in carving out an estate for himself in the district with his headquarter at Aonla. He was ultimately made the lawful governor of Kateher by the Mughal emperor, and the region was henceforth called “the land of the Ruhelas”.

When the Marathas invaded Rohilkhand in November 1772, they were repulsed by the Rohillas with the help of the nawabs of Avadh. After the war when Shuja-Ud-daula demanded the indemnity from the Rohilla Chief Hafiz Rahmat Khan for the help given to him, the demand was rejected. The annoyed nawab then with the help of Warren Hastings invaded Rohilkhand. In ensuing battle of Mirranpur Katra in 1774, Hafiz Rahmat Khan was killed and the authority of the Avadh was established over the entire territory of the Rohillas. The Avadh supermacy did not continue for long for the mounting debt on account of the maintenance of British forces in the region led to the surrender of the whole of Rohilkhand(including Bareilly) to the East India Company by the treaty of November 10, 1801.

The news of the outbreak of the struggle of independence which started at Meerut reached Bareilly on May 14,1857. The people rose in revolt, occupied treasury and burnt the records of Kotwali,Khan Bahadur khan, the grandson of Hafiz Rahmat Khan was able to form his own government by appointing Sobha Ram Diwan, Madar Ali Khan and Niyaz Muhammed Khan generals and Hori Lal as paymaster. With the failure of this first war of the Indian independence everywhere, Bareilly too was completely subjugated by the British on 7th May 1858. Khan was sentenced to death and was hanged in the Kotwali on February 24, 1860.

The Indian National Congress came in to prominence in Bareilly during the khilafat movement when Gandhiji visited this town twice and many Hindus and Muslims were arrested. In response to the call given by Gandhiji, the Civil Disobedience Movement in the district was launched on Jan 26,1930. In 1936, a conference of the Congress was held in Bareilly under the presidentship of Acharya Narendra Deo. It was addressed by Jawaharlal Nehru, M.N.Roy, Purushottam Das Tandon and Rafi Ahmad Kidwai. In 1942 when the ‘Quit India’ movement was launched, many processions and meetings were organised and nearly 200 persons were arrested. More prominent among them were Damodar Swaroop Seth, Brijmohan Lal Shastri, P.C.Azad, Rammurti, Naurang Lal, Chiranjivi Lal, Udho Narain D.D. Vaidya and Darbari Lal Sharma. In the Bareilly central Jail at that time were confined such prominent leaders as Jawahar Lal Nehru. Rafi Ahmad Kidwai, Mahavir Tyagi, Manzar Ali Sokhata and Maulana Hifazul Rahman.

Published in: on July 19, 2007 at 1:19 PM  Comments (62)  
Tags: , , ,